(COMSTOCK, MI) – Bell’s Brewery has an amazing lineup planned for 2022 that includes new beers, new packaging and returning favorites. It all begins with a brand-new offering shipping this week.
LoSun, a low-calorie Wheat Ale has already started to land on store shelves and in coolers. It will continue shipping into early January, just in time for New Year’s resolutions. It is the latest release in Bell’s Rotational Wheat Series which includes Bright White (also currently available), Rind Over Matter and the ever-popular, summer staple, Oberon Ale.
This new wheat offering will be available in bottles, cans and on draft across Bell’s distribution footprint.
“We’re known for iconic IPAs and wheat beers. Building upon the success of beers like Light Hearted and Oberon, we saw an incredible opportunity to introduce a lo-cal option to our Wheat Series,” Carrie Yunker, Bell’s Executive Vice President said.
LoSun is refreshing and packed with fruity, dry-hopped aromas and flavors like citrus and pineapple. It has all the qualities of an IPA combined with the smooth mouthfeel of a wheat beer. It’s a great choice for a variety of craft beer drinkers coming in at 4% Alc. By Vol. and only 110 calories (per 12 oz. serving).
“But that’s just the beginning. There will, of course, be a few unannounced additions that will pop up from time to time,” Yunker hinted. “We’re not going to steer away from that tradition.”
The brewery has been sharing some hints about its other plans for 2022 on social media. They include:
- Taller Hopslam:Bell’s eagerly awaited Double IPA will not only return to 12 oz. cans, but also debut in a taller option (16 oz. cans packaged in 4-packs) when it returns in early January.
- More variety packs:In addition to a third round for Jingle Bell’s, a brand-new variety pack will start shipping in mid-January just in time for Valentine’s Day featuring Two Hearted, Light Hearted, Black Hearted and Cold Hearted. Bell’s Box of Hearts will include three 12 oz. bottles of each variation. This is the first time Black Hearted and Cold Hearted will see wide distribution. Both Two Hearted and Light Hearted are available year-round.
- Additional variety pack releases, which include four new Flamingo Fruit Fights flavors, will be announced later in 2022.
- Not sorry at all:Distribution of No, Yeah will expand to six additional states in the New Year: Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky and Pennsylvania. Michigan will also start to see 12-packs of this award-winning easy-drinking beer in January. No, Yeah is available year-round (in states where this beer is distributed).
- Even more sunshine:Tropical Oberon will return for a second year in mid-April.
- More 16 oz. cans:Hopslam isn’t the only Double IPA to get the taller can treatment. The double version of Bell’s iconic IPA, Two Hearted, will also debut in this popular packaging option for the first time. Double Two Hearted will return…